Tuesday 7 March 2017

THE OPTIMISM OF SPRING...


ALL PHOTOS: SOPHIA HOME



This morning the sun came out, and although a little chilly, there was a definite change in the air.  Birds singing, bulbs popping through, and a freshness in the atmosphere. It was a treat to be outside for a morning, before returning to my desk.


Spring is such a positive and optimistic season of new beginnings.   A time to clear out the debris of Winter both inside and out.  A good Spring clean in our homes is called for, and what a joy it is to fling open those windows and let in that fresh new air.  










The garden is our main focus at this time of the year.  A busy time of weeding and mulching, greenhouse cleaning and seed sewing.  An investment of time and effort which pays back in abundance when everything is in full summer bloom and the kitchen garden is rewarding us with delicious organic vegetables and fruit. 


Days are getting longer, and thoughts turn to a change in routine.  I love the early evening ritual of watering my greenhouse and watching for new life.  




Seed and plant buying is always exciting.  This 
year I plan to add greatly to last year's planting of Dahlia tubers, and also Ranunculus in my cutting garden.  So lovely to have bunches and bunches of beautiful blooms to fill the house with all summer long until the first frosts.






Not just lighter days, but also the craving for lighter food, and trying some delicious new springtime recipes...









Lastly let's not forget lighter clothes too. (British weather permitting!)  As much as I love my cosy winter boots and jumpers, the opportunity for bare ankles and lightweight dresses and tops is so welcome!

What are you particularly enjoying at the start of this gorgeous fresh new Spring season?  I would love to hear....

Sophia xx

***

Ps.  I certainly didn't want to dwell on anything negative for this optimistic Spring post, but I just wanted to say a huge heartfelt thank you to so many of you who sent lovely messages to me with regards to the recent hacking of my Instagram.  The long and short of it is that both mine and Delilah my puppy's accounts were taken over, bombarded with obscene images and have now been removed by Instagram who inspite of numerous messages, have not responded.  I lost several years of a precious visual diary and over 6,000 followers.  I have no idea why this happened?  I like to think it was nothing personal and just for audience numbers and I may have been one of many who had our emails hacked.  What was a harmless, happy, creative place for me, my family and lovely like minded followers, was obscenely violated. 

To end on a positive (it is Spring after all!) I have taken a deep breath and started again.  Everyone has been so lovely and supportive, and as I say, this is so appreciated!  The little corner of Instagram that I know and love is incredibly kind and supportive and so full of talent and inspiration and I shall certainly not be giving up, just because there are such horrible low life people out there. I have now set up new Instagram accounts (with a very slight change in name) for myself and Delilah, and you can find them here if you would like to follow:

@sophiahomeandlifestyle
@delilahtheminidaxie

Wishing you a very happy rest of the week...

xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment