Monday 3 March 2014

CELEBRATING SHROVE TUESDAY….




Shrove Tuesday…..the last day before the commencement of Lent tomorrow…..and that means Pancakes!

Sadly the days of making pancakes with the children when they were small are now gone….happy memories of tossing pancakes around the kitchen….some results better than others, I seem to remember!

Luckily a pancake lover never grows too old for this….and I shall certainly be making them for the two of us at home tonight.  There are various wonderful looking savoury and sweet recipe versions in magazines and on the internet at the moment, but for me there is nothing nicer than a simple, classic pancake with a little lemon and sugar…..delicious!

For the perfect, reliable basic pancake recipe…..it of course has to be to 'Delia' that I turn, and you can find that here.

Happy Shrove Tuesday and happy 
pancake making!

Sophia xx


1 comment:

  1. I had the pleasure of making pancakes with my daughter this year and she is currently staying with me. It was lovely to share this annual treat with her again. And yes, I agree, Delia is the recipe we always use as well.

    ReplyDelete