Friday 5 July 2013

EARLY BIRD.....

All photos: Sophia Home






Are you a morning or an evening person?
I am most definitely a morning person......this is my best time of day!
 Most mornings, I am up and out of bed the moment my eyes are open to make the most of this early energy to get things done.....or like this morning, to just take half an hour to  'potter' with my morning tea, and enjoy the early morning  peace and quiet before racing on with the day and my long list of things to do.
  We are promised a warm and sunny weekend here in England.....hurray, summer at last!
For us Brits it is a rare treat to be able to pad around outside at 7am in our pyjamas, which is what I enjoyed early today.  The dew was still glistening on the kitchen deck, but it was warm already and the light was so beautiful, that I just had to fetch my camera and capture the moment.








Our newly planted gravel garden beneath the kitchen window.....box balls very small, but I have high hopes for them in time!  Lavender and Portuguese Laurel........











My favourite white Geraniums in the urn......




The beautiful early morning light over the fields, and up to the woods beyond......






The 'White Rose Garden' in full and glorious bloom with beautiful 'Iceberg' roses.......



We all constantly moan about the weather here in England....but it is on mornings like this, that I think that there is nowhere more 
beautiful to be.......


All photos: Sophia Home



Wishing you a warm and sunny, and above all happy weekend!

Sophia xx

1 comment:

  1. Definitely an early bird too....
    What a fabulous garden you have created..... I would be sitting out there with a pot of tea in my pyjamas too. Are all you flowering plants apart from the lavender white? It all looks extremely calming.
    Have a good weekend in the sunshine..
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete