Friday 14 June 2013








            












Phew......thank goodness it's Friday!  How was your week?  I do hope you had a good one?
Mine has been super busy since getting back from Paris....most definitely back down to earth 
with a bump!

I received an urgent phone call from a client on Monday, who having recently bought a London property, needed me to visit and prepare an electric and lighting plan and specify all fittings in record time......a quick turnaround, but all complete and electricians about to commence!

My work as an Interior Designer and Project Manager is varied, and I love every aspect of it.....but good lighting is something close to my heart, and when you enter a house that has little more than just a light bulb hanging from its ceiling....it is always so satisfying to address the space with a good mix of both task and decorative lighting......creating an atmosphere that will turn that 'house' in to a 'home'.  Lighting is an often overlooked subject that can make or break a scheme and can truly make a difference to the overall feel and ambiance of a room. 

Dependant upon the age and style of the property, I particularly like to mix discreet down and sometimes uplighters, table and floor lamps and if appropriate for a room.......there's nothing like a statement ceiling light.  

I shall leave you with some serious 'statement' pieces that caught my eye while browsing Pinterest recently.......do you have a favourite?



****



























                                         

























So fresh and pretty.......






Would look stunning in a monochrome scheme.....














      Love these simple French ceiling pendants 
over an island unit......




 



           Would adore this in my 'dream' 
                ski chalet.....

















Beautiful cool, matt stone......twinkling crystal.......


****
If you have a decorating project that you would like some help with, I can be contacted via my website www.sophiawadsworthinteriors.co.uk
I would love to hear from you!

Wishing you all a very happy weekend!

Sophia xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophia!
    This sounds like a fun project. Lighting really is a big deal, and I love the selection you've shown. I'm on the hunt for the right chandelier for my oldest daughter's room and it's proving to be a bit of a challenge.

    I hope your weekend is great!
    Keri

    ReplyDelete