Tuesday 19 March 2013

PHALAENOPSIS ORCHID.

Photo: Sophia Home




I am often asked about the rather spectacular 'Phalaenopsis' Orchid that I have here at home, which is currently residing happily in our entrance hall area, beneath the staircase.

Photo: Sophia Home

Photo: Sophia Home



It is often met with comments such as 'Wow......that's amazing!'.........'How do you do it'?.......'Is it real?'

Well, you've guessed it......it isn't real, it is Silk.
Incredibly realistic though, with beautiful detail.  One of my very enthusiastic friends who was completely taken in by it, even announced that she thought it 'smelled divine'....... must have been her own perfume.....!?

As you may know, I adore my flowers......real ones that is.  I love to have plants and flowers in most rooms and am even planning the planting of a cutting garden in my 'Potager' here at home, so that I can have a constant supply of beautiful cut flowers in the house, throughout
the summer months.

But there are times when a few extra 'guaranteed fill ins' are required, especially in these past gloomy winter months, when there is nothing in the garden and you don't want to be buying too many fresh flowers, or maybe you want something to 'bulk out' your fresh stems to create a larger arrangement.  The same for plants.....especially my favourite Orchids.....I have real orchids too which I love growing, but their flowering time is erratic.  So, with the help of one or two reliable 'Silk' arrangements, I know there is always a cheery and pretty display to lift
and brighten a room.

My favourite choice for these is from 'Peony'
who have a wonderful on line shop, as well as a few lovely shops around the country.  So meticulous are they in their research and detail, that they have been endorsed by the
'Royal Horticultural Society'....say no more.

Enjoy your Tuesday, whatever you have planned!

Sophia xx



3 comments:

  1. Hi Sophia,
    The orchid looks stunning, and is in a perfect setting.
    Have enjoyed reading your past few posts - have been a bit blogging AWOL recently!!
    Hope you have a lovely day,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I so thought it was real stunning display

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,

    Thank you so much! Shall look forward to you blogging again soon?!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Sophia x

    ReplyDelete